How we collect, keep, use and dispose of your information
Personal privacy and security of information are mutual concerns of the Shepperton Village Fair Committee, our sponsors, suppliers, contacts and all our visitors, whether to our website, our social media channels or to the Fair itself. This document explains the Shepperton Village Fair policy relating to personal privacy and information security.
- We’ll only ever use your personal data with your consent and for the purposes (or closely related purposes) it was collected, or where it is necessary in order to:
- enter into, or perform, a contract or service with you;
- comply with a legal duty;
- service our own (or a third party’s) legitimate interests, subject to your overriding rights.
- We’ll keep your information private and secure in accordance with your instructions, this policy and the prevailing law.
- You have the right to see any information we hold about you.
- You have the right to instruct us to delete any information we hold about you. If you do, we will do so subject to any legally binding obligations, and we will confirm the result to you.
- You can find out how to contact us at the end of this document.
- You have the right to complain to the UK Information Commissioner’s Office which regulates and enforces data protection law in the UK. Details are at www.ico.org.uk
You can download a PDF of our [Download not found]
Who we are
When we say ‘we’, we mean members of the Shepperton Village Fair Committee, a not-forprofit association with an annually renewed Constitution. Our Constitution is available to view on request.
The members of the Committee vary from time to time, number around 10 people, and are all unpaid volunteer residents of Shepperton with the sole and common goal of organising the annual Shepperton Village Fair event. They consist of a Chairman, Secretary, Vice-Chairman, Treasurer and other members with responsibility for different aspects of the Fair, including Sponsorship, Arena Planning, Field Planning, Marquee Planning, Procession Planning, Social Media and Publicity. Our current membership register is available on request.
The information we collect
— directly from you, which may be oral, in writing, by telephone, electronic or other means
— from publicly available sources
— when we generate it ourselves
— from other organisations or contacts.
We will not obtain any other personally identifying information about you when you visit our website or social media channels unless you choose to provide such information. If you choose to send e-mail, registration, or other personal information over the internet, or by any other means, you do so voluntarily.
We’ll only collect your information in line with relevant regulations and law and as may be relevant to any of our Fair functions.
How we’ll use your information
— to communicate news, updates and other information about the Fair
— to confirm your identity and address
— to understand how you use your relationship with us
— to measure the number of visitors to our website to make it more responsive and useful
— to carry out your instructions
— to promote, evaluate and improve our event
— to help with fundraising
— when disclosure is required by law, eg due to: court order, subpoena, or legal process; government agency examination or investigation; or to protect or enforce our rights.
How we’ll keep your information private and secure
We may hold and process your digital information within the email and database systems held on personal computers, mobile devices and cloud servers configured for use by authorised Committee members or their designated agents (eg family members) with password-protected access.
We may also hold copies of your information from time to time in hard copy format. If so, this printed information will be held in the close possession of authorised Committee members or their designated agents (eg family members), or else in locked cabinets at their homes.
We may share your information with sponsors, stallholders, subcontractors, agents, or service providers who work with us or for us in order to carry out the tasks necessary for a safe, legal and successful Fair event in accordance with our Constitution (available on request).
We will not share your information for any other purpose, and we will not sell it to anyone.
How long we’ll keep your information
If you need to make contact with us to exercise any of these rights, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com and we will respond to you as promptly as we can.